My Blog List

Sunday 19 June 2011

Young Tawny Owl Surprise

I had a few hours free the one evening so I thought I would see if the Tawny Owl was showing.  After around 45 mins of looking in the tree tops for the Tawny I gave up hope.  As I got to the end of the path I looked back and noticed a owl sitting right at the top of an old oak tree, there it was I thought but something looked different.

Once I set up the tripod and got a view of it through the camera I realized it was a young Tawny Owl.  I got myself a few shots before trying to re-position myself to get a better view.  After approx. 2 mins I saw the young fly off in the corner of my eye,  oh no I had now lost it.  Another 15 mins of scanning the tree tops before I noticed what I first thought was the same young owl again.  After closer inspection I realized it actually wasn't but another tawny which looked younger again. 

This time the tawny was right at the top of the tree and well hidden behind branches and leaves.  Eventually I managed to position myself to get a few shots between all the branches.  After a while I got the chair out and sat behind a tree just watching him and it wasn't long before he was fast asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment