My Blog List

Monday 27 June 2011

Norfolk this time

Things are getting real quiet at my local Cannock chase and with the recent visit to Suffolk I thought a trip to Norfolk would be in order. 

Yes you guessed it was another early start to pick up Ken and head East.  We arrived in good time and even had time for a bacon sandwich on the way. 

As we had arrived early we had a quick drive around Salthouse where there was lots of skylarks in the fields and managed to spot a Egret and Marsh Harrier. 

Leaving Salthouse we headed off to Pensthorpe where we were hoping to get some pictures of the bearded tits.  On arrival we had a good chat to the one warden and he gave us some pointers. 

We had a great day and saw a nice variety of birds.  The elderly people kept us amused whilst walking around as all they talked about was ken and his big one (lens). 

I am not going to list all the birds we saw and photographed but here are just a few.  More can be found on my flickr site although I think it will take a few weeks before I get them all on there. 






No comments:

Post a Comment