My Blog List

Monday 27 June 2011

Minsmere Suffolk

I had a job with work in Suffolk during the week so after a 4 am start to miss the traffic and several hours on-site it gave me the excuse to call into Minsmere just down the road.  This was the first time i had visited the site and I was happy I did. 
During the walk around the reserve I managed to get some viewing of Spoonbills, Avocets, Gulls, Egret and a Flamingo of all things. 























I had spoken to my friend Pete the week before and he gave me some advise of where the Marsh Harriers could be seen from. 

As I was getting towards the end of my walk I saw the signs for the Bittern Hide and remembered this was the hide Pete suggested.  Within a few mins of being in the hide a Cuckoo landed on a old tree showing off.  It is a large crop but a good record shot for me. 





 It wasn't long before I saw my first Marsh Harrier and they just kept coming.  At times they really did come close.





Whilst watching the Marsh harriers a hobby and bitterns were also seen flying around. 


All in all a great place which I plan to visit again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment