My Blog List

Saturday 12 November 2011

Catch up

I haven't had much time to keep post on the blog due to work commitments so I thought I best catch up.

I have been looking at buying a new camera body now for some time and when the opportunity came up on a 50D I couldn't resist.  So the 30D has been put away now in the cupboard and I have a nice shiny 50D to play with. 

After seeing the pics of the Squacco Heron at Atttenborough we decided to head to Nottingham and try a few shots.  The weather was not the greatest at all but hey a opportunity like this can't be turned down.  On arrival the Squacco was very distance and not really moving around.  Ken arrived approx. one hour later and he must of brought some good luck as the Squacco started to move around.  Alot of my shots were binned but I managed a few. 

A few members from a forum I am a member of had arranged to meet at Cannock Chase so I decided to leave Nottingham and make my way back to the Chase.  Here I met up with them and had a good laugh whilst also trying out the new 50D at high ISO.  The nuthatch was shot at ISO 3200 and I am pleased with the results.
The following day i decided to try for the Great grey shrike again as it was still showing well.  On arrival we saw a few peeps we knew and the Shrike had not been seen as of yet.  It was approx 1 hour before the Shrike was spotted but it didn't seem to be perching in the same stop as the week before.  Another 30 mins passed watching the Shrike at a distance and I decided it would be best to have a walk and try a new spot further down the valley.   After leaving the others it didn't take long to notice it perching on a ideal perch every so often, this would be a waiting game.  I set up with the perch in view along with Paul and we just hoped it would land there again.  It wasn't long before the Shrike did exactly that whilst also coughing up a pellet. 


The new 50D seems to be performing well so all in all a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment