My Blog List

Sunday 17 July 2011

Trip to Butterfly Farm

As things are a little quiet with the birds, Ken suggested we visited the butterfly farm at Stratford upon Avon.  This meant a sleep in which I really needed so all was good.

Woke up to rain but this didn't matter for a change as we would be inside.  First impressions upon arrival was wow how many butterfly's, I went to take the first pic but everything was still fogged up :(  

After about 15 mins the camera warmed up and I was able to take some pics.  The light was really bad and even at shooting at ISO 1600 (which is not good for a 30D) and wide open I still only had shutter speed of around 1/60.

As the morning went one the sun came out and the light was better which helped.  There are butterfly's everywhere but trying to get one on a nice perch is still not easy. 

A few shots from the day.
















At time they were even landing on ourselves and equipment.  I willn't post the shot of one on Ken's head :)












A little bonus at the end of the day before leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment