My Blog List

Sunday 10 July 2011

Something a little different & the return of the buzzards

As the bird front seems to have gone quiet my friend Ken invested in some tubes so we thought we would give them a try out.  Last weekend whilst I was out looking for kingfishers on the river bank I noticed a lot of dragonfly's so we decided to head back to the river. 
This was the first time I had tried to photograph dragonfly's so it was nice to have a new challenge.  Trying to do macro with a 400mm was not easy but with two tubes stacked things got easier, the light was also good which also worked in my favor.
 



























We had been on the river bank for about 30 mins when Ken shouted "Kingfisher", I also heard the call of a kingfisher and started to scan up the river for a sighting.  Another 10 mins had paced and no sign, next time perhaps. 
It was not long after I heard the buzzards calling again just like the week before, within a few min one of the adults was flying above us calling out.  A quick scan around and I spotted a young sitting in the tree's not to far from us.  The cows which were a pain earlier whilst trying to photograph dragonfly's now came in handy as they aloud me to get closer to the buzzard without it spotting me.














I spent the next 45 mins watching the two adults and the single young flying around over our heads and flitting between trees nearby.  The sky was now cloudy so not ideal for taking in flight pics of.  Hopefully they next in the same area again next week where I hope to get some better shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment