My Blog List

Sunday 3 October 2010

Little Owl

Thanks to Pete (petes birding blog) I was able to get a few shots of the little owl. On the first visit Pete had to point them out to me as I couldn't find them myself :(

It was great to see them but they were hiding in the tree and I was unable to get any clear pictures. A few weeks later I returned to the site but again no luck.

A few more weeks passed and I was passing the site so decided to call in on the off chance. Looked around and saw the one in it's norm place hiding again. Will i ever get a shot I thought?

Whilst sitting in the car I scanned the tree again and then I caught something in the corner of my eye, a little owl was at the front of the tree looking straight at me :)

I didn't want to move to fast but then again I didn't want to miss the shot, slowly lifted the camera and fired off a few record shots. The owl was quite happy sitting there and just relaxing so I managed to get plenty of shots before leaving to let him rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment