My Blog List

Sunday 31 October 2010

Bradgate Deer and Stag

Another early cold start but the weather conditions were perfect so I headed off to Leicester to see some stags rutting at Bradgate park. This was the first time I had been there so really didn't know where I was going, this was not a problem as when I arrived at the car park you just follow the other hundred photographers walking through the car park.

Immediately after walking through the entrance there was a buck sitting on the hill side about 20 ft away so I took the opportunity to grab a few shots. The sound of roaring was also present so I continued to walk further into the park where I noticed 40+ photographers standing in a open field??? A quick scan of the togs revealed a few fiends so I headed off to say hello. The sun had just come up and was giving a really nice red/orange feel to the place. A few bucks were around so I took the chance to get some early morning shots.





A nice surprise was next to follow with a pair of bucks. Only problem was the several other togs taking the same shot behind them as we were also.


It was now mid morning so we decided to head off up the hill to find some red stags. An hour later and tied legs revealed nothing :(


The rest of the afternoon was spent taking pictures of bucks resting in the sun and also a few gulls in the ponds.



A first for me was a Wigeon sitting with the mallards but it really didn't come out to play and allow me to get any decent shots.


All in all a good day but I will be going again and hopefully get a few red next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment