My Blog List

Thursday 23 February 2012

The last few weekends update

Last weekend was spent at Salthouse in Norfolk with the hope of getting some Snow buntings after reports that they were now showing very well.  Within the first min of arriving we saw a large group of them coming down to the puddles and then onto to feed infront of approx 5 other photographers that had already set up.  Great we were in for a good day.  The sun was out but with the wind it made it very cold, extra layers were required whilst lying around on the floor trying to get some low down shots.  Turnstones and two Knott's were also present which gave a nice variaty.


 After a hour or so of bagging some shots of the buntings along with a few Knott's and Turnstones we decided it was best to distance ourselves from the other photographers are try for something a bit different.  A quick walk to the opposite side of the car park and we set up on the grass bank.  It wasn't long before the Snow bunting were back along with the Turnstones & Knott. 
 As the weather was so good I decided to try my hand at some inflight shots.  I really never expected these to come out as good as they did. 

What a great day and one I will not forget for some time, only just wish I lived closer.

The previous weekend was spent local and I visited Aqualate Mere as I hadn't been there for some time and hoped that with some of the lake froozen I may see a Bittern.  There was no signs of a Bittern but I did manage a few shots of a Water rail when it showed and we were lucky to have a Buzzard very close to the hide for most of the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment