My Blog List

Saturday 21 January 2012

First Post of 2012

2012 started off slow as per last year.  I spent five hours in a hide waiting for a Bittern which didn't turn up :(
The following few weekends was a lot better though. 

A few quick trips to the chase produced my first nice pic of a Yellowhammer perched off the ground for a change.

The Saturday was spent at my local reserve Doxey Marshes which it located just off JN14 of the M6.  I had seen a pair of Stonechats a few week ago there and they were showing very well so we decided to give it a visit.  The male Stonechat is a great poser and a delight to photograph.

The female also showed but was more distant.
The following morning we decided to give Slimbridge and the Bittern another go.  This time we didn't wait much more than 30 mins before two of them appeared.  When I say they appeared they spent approx 3 secs each in the clear.  I however did manage some shots which I am happy of. 




No comments:

Post a Comment