My Blog List

Monday 19 December 2011

A mixed few weekends.

Two weekends ago I took another trip to see the SEO's as the weather forecast was good.  On arrival the weather was good and there were perhaps already around 10 people there.  A quick scan around and we noticed some familiar faces whom we hadn't seen for a while so it was nice to catch up with them. 

By approx 2pm more and more people turned up to the point when there was approx 20 + people present.  This didn't stop the owls showing but they didn't seem to come as close as the previous weeks.  This was not surprising due to the number of people and the noise also. 

The light did make up for this and this time I managed to get some shots at ISO 400 rather than the typical ISO 800 I had been shooting the weeks before.

 More pics of the owls can be seen on my flickr site. 

This weekend the weather forecast was also good but we opted to visit my local ground Cannock Chase in the hope to get a few Redpolls and Siskin.   I got up there early morning and the sun was out but we could see some  bad weather coming in.  In wasn't long before it started snowing heavy :(
By the time Ken arrived the weather had changed again and it looked like we were in for some better.  The next few hours were spent in sun, rain and hail :( along with our friends John and Trev :)

Although we didn't see any Redpolls or Siskins and the light conditions being hard most of the time I was happy with the outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment