My Blog List

Monday 9 May 2011

7th May - Spring Workshop















My friend Ken and myself booked ourselves on a workshop in Daventry. This was the first workshop either of us had attended so we were a bit unsure what to expect.


The weather forecast was not good and one the way down the M6 to pick Ken up the rain was bouncing off the motorway. When I got to Ken's he started to load the car, after his third trip back into the house I think he had everything but the kitchen sink :) When we arrived the weather had improved a little but it was still raining, we soon met with everybody and it was time to get the show under way.


The bluebells in the woods were out and there were lots of nice fallen tree's for perches. The handler first brought out a Tawny owl which was well behaved. The light was not great and it was still raining, within the first 2 hours and quick look at the memory card and I had already taken over 500 shots.


As the day went on the weather improved and light was just perfect at times. Next to show was a kestrel and what great condition it was in.


The highlight of the day was next being a long eared owl which was just amazing to get close up to.


To finish off the day was a little owl, I forgot how little these owls really are.


All in all a great day out and I went home with over 900 shots to choose from. I would recommend the workshop to anybody thinking of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment