My Blog List

Sunday 27 March 2011

UK Red Squirrels

Friday night was spent searching around on the net trying to find something a bit different to take pics of. After a few hours and speaking with my friend Ken it was decided that we would head north to try for some red squirrels. Batteries on charge, cards formated and time for bed to get a few hours sleep before a early start. Sat morning and 5am Ken turns up at my house, half alseep we headed north. The light was not good and in fact we spent most of the time driving through fog, as we got further north the fog lifted to our delight. I had found two potential sites and to our delight the first site paid off. Neither Ken or myself had seen or taken pics of red squirrels before so we really didn't know what to expect, with a few nuts placed around the area it didn't take long before they showed.






All in all a very good day and well worth the early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment