My Blog List

Sunday 28 October 2012

Stags, Owls and a Kingfisher

Its been a while since I last posted so here is a quick catch up of what I have been doing over the last month or so.

Following the Osprey at Upton things went very quiet which allowed me to spend some time around my local patch "Cannock Chase" where there is a small pond which usually produces some some Hawkers.  This year was a lot better than the last two and there were plenty around.




As early October approached with the colder morning and the rutting season started it was time to head to Bradgate Park in Leicester.   Early morning have a different feel to the place and the light can be really nice as the sun comes up.



A walk up the hill side also produced some nice close up shots of the stags.




 I decided to see if the Kingfisher was around and after sitting in the hide for 6 hours we only saw her for a brief moment but I did manage a hover shot with a catch.

After seeing some great shots of the short eared owls Avonmouth I had to give these ago.  The first visit provided some close fly by's and prob the best I have managed to date.





The following two visits were not as successful and there was no sign of the owls.  At least the Kestrel kept us entertained in the freezing wind.  



More pics can be found on my flickr site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment