My Blog List

Monday 9 July 2012

Spotted Flycatchers

I visted this site (Napton) last year in the hope of photographing some Spotted flycatchers but I was just a day late :(

After seeing a few pics posted I knew it was time to visit.  Ken and myself arrived early and we had the area to ourselves which was a suprise.  It only took about 30 secs before we spotted a pair of them.  After watching them for a few mins it was obvious that they had a few fav perches, so we et up and started to get a few shots.

It was great to see them flying around and catching insects right infront of us at times.   It wasn't too long before a few other togs turned up and it was great to meet Andy and also Dave Hutton again.

When I returned home and took a look at the images I was not that happy.  They just didn't have the right bg and where just too far away.  Now knowing the place and the behaviour of the birds I decided to give it another go on the Sunday morning.  Ken very nicley let me use his 300mm 2.8 with the 2x which gave me the extra reach I needed.  I concentrated on the particular shots I wanted and I think the results were good. 

All in all a great weekend and another first for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment